The true test of an individual to remain positive is when challenges become difficult. Remaining positive keeps one’s mind in the right state of balance and often opens resolutions to the problems at hand. Negativity is contagious; not only does it affect the individual, but it spreads to anyone they interact with. When only the negative perspective is in focus, the resolution process is impeded. Eliminating negativity and being positive is a mindset that can be turned into a welcome lifestyle.
- Shift Your Thoughts – Be aware of your thoughts; especially when life just isn’t going your way. The moment you see that you are spiraling into frustration, agony, sorrow and low self-esteem – hit the brakes and shift your thoughts, by thinking about something completely unrelated. This breaks the pattern of self-pity, mind-created stories, and the negative dive downward. What makes us different from other mammals is our ability to control our thoughts and think for ourselves.
- Discover the Lesson – There is a valuable lesson to be learned
from every situation. No matter how unfortunate the situation may seem, recognize the lessons waiting to be uncovered.
Sometimes lessons are expensive, but every problem is a learning
opportunity in disguise. So you've made a mistake, now you can
accept it and move on, knowing that you will make a different decision
in the future. Understand this and be appreciative for the experience.
- Attitude of Gratitude – You cannot be both angry and grateful at the same time. Start counting the blessings in your life, once you start looking for them, you'll find more. What’s not to be grateful for? You are alive and breathing! Realize how lucky you are and all the abundance in your life.
- Positive Affirmations & Visualization – Practice seeing yourself in a positive and confident light. Do this whenever you have a few minutes (examples; Waiting for a friend, sitting on the train, riding an elevator.) Self-affirmations (list of positive statements about yourself and your self-image) are another simple and powerful tool to train your subconscious to see yourself in a positive light. This is important, as many of us can be so hard on ourselves through social conditioning. but over time you'll learn to recognize your gifts rather than finding false and self-imposed inadequacies.
- Reservoir of Memories – Keep a reservoir of memories that will instantly make you smile. Those occasions where you felt happy, appreciative and loved; when you were at peace with yourself and those around you. Whenever you are in a negative frame of mind, consciously and deliberately pick up any nugget out of this reservoir and reminisce. Remembering those happy moments gives a balanced perspective to your situation. You realize that what appears negative today will change tomorrow. Nothing stays the same.
- Criticizing Detox Diet – Change your approach and attitude. Don't criticizing others and situations. You don't know what their situation is. Our cultural conditioning teaches us to find flaws and problems at all times. Shift from fault-finding to appreciation-finding.